• Following a stroke, or cardiovascular accident (CVA), rehabilitation services are crucial to recovery.
• St. Matthew’s team of physical, occupational and speech therapists from Aegis Therapies will work with the physician to design a customized treatment plan.
• The nursing and dietary team work closely to ensure that medical and nutritional needs are met and if possible, exceeded.
• Alternative diets such as pureed, mechanical soft, low sodium or a diabetic diet are available.
• Home safety evaluations are initiated by the therapy department to ensure that the home is as accessible as possible.
• Special equipment such as long-handled reachers and bath benches may be recommended to make returning home a success.
• Social Services ensure that home health services and needed equipment are in place prior to being discharged from St. Matthew.