• Following orthopedic surgery, individuals are in need of intense physical rehabilitation.
• St. Matthew’s team of physical and occupational therapists, provided by Aegis Therapies, work diligently to have people up and about as quickly as possible.
• St. Matthew’s therapy team strives to provide ongoing education to the residents and families about the most effective treatment strategies.
• An interdisciplinary team of nurses, therapists and the dietitian work together to ensure that the surgical site is healing properly.
• The patient and family are encouraged to participate in interdisciplinary care plan conferences, which occur every two weeks.
• Our therapists conduct a home safety evaluation and make recommendations accordingly.
• Social Services work with the patient and family to ensure that needed home services and equipment are in place prior to discharge.