dementia & alzheimer's services
• Faith Place, a secure community of St. Matthew Center for Health, is specially designed for individuals who are in the early to middle stages of dementia.
• With accommodations for only 25 individuals, Faith Place offers an intimate atmosphere.
• A specially trained dementia unit coordinator ensures that meaningful activities are offered that provide residents with a chance to feel useful and successful.
• Normalization tasks such as the Looking Good Group, where women apply make-up and jewelry and men gather to shave are emphasized.
• Prior to joining the Faith Place team, employees must first complete a dementia training program.
• Our Dementia Neighborhood Coordinator will meet with the family and potential resident in their home prior to admission.